Because we lost half our heat! Last night our 21 year old upstairs furnace went out. It was really, really cold in our bedroom and we both had a difficult time sleeping. Now we have workers replacing both the furnace and the matching heat pump outside. Tons of fun! At least we have a redundant system downstairs so we didn’t totally freeze:)
UPDATE: As of 7pm this evening we are warm again. We decided to replace both the indoor furnace and the corresponding heat pump outside. They no longer make furnaces and heat pumps at the output level of what we had. Since the heat pump was pretty old too, we decided to replace the whole system instead of wasting our new more energy efficient furnace by pairing it with an out of date heat pump. Unfortunatly due to the time of day and snow, they were unable to install the new heat pump.
Now for some stitching. On Monday and Tuesday I worked very hard on Bordeaux Sampler. I am a little more than half way done with part two. This part is really pretty, but I am looking forward to the blackwork in part 3:) I should easily finish part two next week. YEAH!!!
Then Thursday began the Barnabee’s Quest SAL. I am soooo loving this piece. If I hadn’t been freaking out so much about the furnace dying, I would have gotten a lot more done. I am still waiting on two krenik braids for this so I was unable to do the bee in part 1.